7/25/17

I am in a slowly dimming auditorium. I am in front of a small television. The exit sign on the wall seems to be waning in and out of consciousness
will take a deep breathe, on occasion
and cast an uncomfortably-synthetic neon glow about the room

And I become witness to another beautiful surreality

An invitation for public inquisition
Of our host

Annoying, kiss-ass questions
Or really stupid ones, from the 20-somethings falling asleep in their chairs just as God
Fell asleep when he crafted their miniature pea-brains

And silence,
Finally.

I am waiting for my fellow drunketeers to just shut up

Like the girl in front of me, who i would not have guessed was aa


---------
2 hours have past
----

In the silence she asked if he believed in god

I didn’t see what she looked like, and maybe that was why
She sounded so angelic
And inhuman

Do you believe in God